10 Best Tips To Know About Bristol Moth Pest Control
We specialise in moth pest removal in the Bristol area but the top 10 moth tips below are also relevant for moths in most UK regions
- The four most common moth pests in Bristol and through out the UK are: The common clothes moth, the brown house moth, the white-shouldered house moth and the flour moth.
- The Common Clothes moth has golden straw-looking wings with fringed hair. They are 6-7mm long.
- Brown House moths have golden-bronze wings, they are flecked with black, folded flat along their back. 8mm long and prefers to crawl.
- White Shouldered house moths have mottled wings with a white head and ‘shoulders’ where the wings attach the body.
- Flour moth are grey and brown, 12-15mm in length.
- Bristol moth control is important, moth larvae stages will cause endless amounts of damage to natural fibers including: clothes, carpets, fur, feathers and belongings.
- Serious commercial implications to bakeries, mills, stored products & large commodities.
- They can also affect business reputation and damage irreplaceable objects such as precious tapestries and historical artifacts.
- Bristol moth pests will lay anything from 40-50 eggs through outs it life span based over 3 weeks.
- A male moth can smell a female moth from 7 miles away, detecting even single odour molecules using elaborate, feather-shaped antennae with hairlike scent receptors.
|Flea Pest - Bio|
|Pest Size||Tiny, head of a pin|
|Pest Special Ability||Very fast, 12 inch jump|
|Pest Reproduction||1 week cycle|
|Pest Life Span||2 to 3 months|
|Pest Attracted By||Warmth, vibration|
|Pest Habitat||Host sleeping areas|
|Pest Weakness||Drown in soapy water|